Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a copycat recipe that comes close to the taste of Bull's Eye Original Barbecue Sauce. It's sweet and spicy. This is the only barbecue sauce that I use now.
- 1 cup Heinz ketchup
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons yellow onions, finely minced
- 4 teaspoons hickory liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- Combine all ingredients in a 2-qt sauce pan. Mix well.
- Simmer over very low heat for 15-minutes, stirring occasionally.
This is a GREAT recipe, the family loved it. We're trying to get away from store-bought sauces; this is the 3rd recipe I've tried and it's a keeper. I used a grater for the onions, and followed the recipe exactly. Note that it does have a different taste when it's hot, as opposed to cold, but most bbq sauces do. My husband said it tastes exactly like Bull's-Eye (our favorite). I thought it was extremely close, but not exact, however it was just as good and I'll definitely make it again. Thank you!!