Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
The Los Angeles Times published this recipe in 1979, back when chinese chicken salads were all the rage. I still make this recipe but usually add some manderin orange segements on top.
- 191.35 g package rice sticks
- 473.18 ml oil (for deep frying)
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 709.77 ml chicken, cooked and shredded
- 88.74 ml almonds, toasted and sliced
- 473.18 ml mayonnaise
- 6.16 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml oil
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 4.92 ml prepared mustard
- 0.59 ml lemon juice
- To prepare the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, mix well; makes about 2 cups.
- To prepare the salad, deep fry the rice sticks, a small handful at a time for 1 to 2 minutes or until puffed, drain.
- Place about one cup of chopped lettuce in each of 6 bowls.
- Top with 1/2 cup per serving of the chicken and 1 tablespoon of nuts.
- Spoon a tablespoon (or to taste) of dressing over the salad.
- Top with a handful of the puffy rick sticks.