lynnski / LA's Note:
The Los Angeles Times published this recipe in 1979, back when chinese chicken salads were all the rage. I still make this recipe but usually add some manderin orange segements on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 3/4 ounce) package rice sticks
- 2 cups oil (for deep frying)
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 6 tablespoons almonds, toasted and sliced
- 1To prepare the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, mix well; makes about 2 cups.
- 2To prepare the salad, deep fry the rice sticks, a small handful at a time for 1 to 2 minutes or until puffed, drain.
- 3Place about one cup of chopped lettuce in each of 6 bowls.
- 4Top with 1/2 cup per serving of the chicken and 1 tablespoon of nuts.
- 5Spoon a tablespoon (or to taste) of dressing over the salad.
- 6Top with a handful of the puffy rick sticks.
Browse Our Top Californian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Californian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bullock's Tea Room, Cantonese Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1139.8
- Calories from Fat 945
- Total Fat 105.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 820.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: