Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
The Los Angeles Times published this recipe in 1979, back when chinese chicken salads were all the rage. I still make this recipe but usually add some manderin orange segements on top.
- 1 (6 3/4 ounce) package rice sticks
- 2 cups oil (for deep frying)
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 6 tablespoons almonds, toasted and sliced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon juice
- To prepare the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, mix well; makes about 2 cups.
- To prepare the salad, deep fry the rice sticks, a small handful at a time for 1 to 2 minutes or until puffed, drain.
- Place about one cup of chopped lettuce in each of 6 bowls.
- Top with 1/2 cup per serving of the chicken and 1 tablespoon of nuts.
- Spoon a tablespoon (or to taste) of dressing over the salad.
- Top with a handful of the puffy rick sticks.