Recipe by Amyk4
My husband is a avid hunter and we make this sausage every year. We add pork to the venison because the venison has such a low fat content. For the pork we get really fatty looking roast ground at our grocery store. You could also use ground pork found at your local grocery store.
- 6 lbs ground venison
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup morton's tender quick
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons dried sage
Directions See How It's Made
- In a very large bowl or plastic tub, sprinkle the venison and pork with the curing mixture, pepper, pepper flakes, sugar, and sage. Mix very well to evenly incorporate everything. When working with large quantities of sausage, cook a small piece to make sure the seasoning is exactly how you like it.
- Divide into 1 pound portions and freeze.