Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account in 2005 and when I tried it, I agreed with the reviewer that the recipe was too salty as posted; therefore I decreased the salt from 3 Tablespoons to 1 Tablespoon. Add more if desired or leave it out entirely.
- 59.14 ml dried onion, minced
- 59.14 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml salt (I decreased the salt from 3 Tablespoons to 1 Tablespoon)
- 19.71 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml dried garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml cumin, ground
- 14.79 ml red pepper flakes, crushed (optional)
- 9.85 ml beef bouillon granules
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- Combine the ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year.
- Add 2 Tablespoons to 1 lb cooked and drained beef and 1/3-1/2 cup water and cook until done.
This is great! I didn't have the dried garlic so I used 2 teaspoons of garlic powder and probably could use a little more. Make sure to crush the red pepper flakes too, so that you distribute the spicy goodness throughout! We Love this recipe and it's a keeper! Thanks so much for sharing!
This is absolutely delicious! I could not find granulated garlic anywhere, so I subbed garlic powder. I also cut the salt in half. This is much better than the storebought seasoning and it will be used anytime we have out burritos, tacos, etc. Made for Went to the Market. Thanks! :)
Fantastic flavor! I mix this in some chicken broth (or water) and pour over chicken breasts in the crockpot. When the meat is done, shred it for tacos.