I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account in 2005 and when I tried it, I agreed with the reviewer that the recipe was too salty as posted; therefore I decreased the salt from 3 Tablespoons to 1 Tablespoon. Add more if desired or leave it out entirely.
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt (I decreased the salt from 3 Tablespoons to 1 Tablespoon)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, crushed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Combine the ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year.
- Add 2 Tablespoons to 1 lb cooked and drained beef and 1/3-1/2 cup water and cook until done.