Recipe by * Pamela *
I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account in 2005 and when I tried it, I agreed with the reviewer that the recipe was too salty as posted; therefore I decreased the salt from 3 Tablespoons to 1 Tablespoon. Add more if desired or leave it out entirely.
Top Review by Shelvin
This is great! I didn't have the dried garlic so I used 2 teaspoons of garlic powder and probably could use a little more. Make sure to crush the red pepper flakes too, so that you distribute the spicy goodness throughout! We Love this recipe and it's a keeper! Thanks so much for sharing!
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt (I decreased the salt from 3 Tablespoons to 1 Tablespoon)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, crushed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano