Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My reverse-engineered recipe for KFC's 'Extra Crispy' chicken yields enough seasoning for 3 batches fried chicken (for the single recipe version, see KFC Extra Crispy Chicken (Copycat)). This recipe requires 1 1/2 cups of Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat). Mix 1/2 cup of this blend with 3 3/4 cups self-rising flour and 1/4 cup cornstarch for frying one fryer chicken or up to 16 drumsticks. Follow Kentucky Fried Chicken Original Recipe for complete brining, preparation and frying instructions.
- 354.88 ml seasoning (Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat))
- 59.14 ml cornflour or 59.14 ml masa harina
- 44.37 ml ground tellicherry black pepper
- 36.97 ml superfine sugar
- 29.58 ml Accent seasoning
- 29.58 ml celery salt
- 22.18 ml Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
- 7.39 ml onion powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml smoked paprika
- 1.87 ml citric acid
- 1.87 ml ground turmeric
- NOTES: YOU MAY USE MASA HARINA FLOUR (TAMALE FLOUR) IN PLACE OF CORN FLOUR. YOU MAY USE 3/4 TEASPOON LEMON PEPPER IN PLACE OF 3/8 TEASPOON CITRIC ACID. (STEP ONE): MEASURE all ingredients into large resealable container or a Ziploc bag.
- BREAK up any clumps if present, by hand or using the back of a spoon.
- SEAL the container.
- SHAKE container to mix well.
- STORE container sealed and store in a cool dry place.
- WHEN ready to use, measure 1/2 level cup of this mixture plus 3 3/4 cups unbleached bread flour and 1/4 cup packed cornstarch into a large bowl.
- WHISK the seasoned flour well until thoroughly blended.
- FOLLOW link to Recipe #433557 for complete brining, preparation and frying instructions (skipping its STEP #2 since you've already done this).