1/1 Photo of Bulk KFC Extra Crispy Seasoning (Copycat)
The Spice Guru's Note:
My reverse-engineered recipe for KFC's 'Extra Crispy' chicken yields enough seasoning for 3 batches fried chicken (for the single recipe version, see KFC Extra Crispy Chicken (Copycat)). This recipe requires 1 1/2 cups of Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat). Mix 1/2 cup of this blend with 3 3/4 cups self-rising flour and 1/4 cup cornstarch for frying one fryer chicken or up to 16 drumsticks. Follow Kentucky Fried Chicken Original Recipe for complete brining, preparation and frying instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups seasoning (Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat))
- 1/4 cup cornflour or 1/4 cup masa harina
- 3 tablespoons ground tellicherry black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons Accent seasoning
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/8 teaspoon citric acid
- 3/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1NOTES: YOU MAY USE MASA HARINA FLOUR (TAMALE FLOUR) IN PLACE OF CORN FLOUR. YOU MAY USE 3/4 TEASPOON LEMON PEPPER IN PLACE OF 3/8 TEASPOON CITRIC ACID. (STEP ONE): MEASURE all ingredients into large resealable container or a Ziploc bag.
- 2BREAK up any clumps if present, by hand or using the back of a spoon.
- 3SEAL the container.
- 4SHAKE container to mix well.
- 5STORE container sealed and store in a cool dry place.
- 6WHEN ready to use, measure 1/2 level cup of this mixture plus 3 3/4 cups unbleached bread flour and 1/4 cup packed cornstarch into a large bowl.
- 7WHISK the seasoned flour well until thoroughly blended.
- 8FOLLOW link to KFC Extra Crispy Chicken (Copycat) for complete brining, preparation and frying instructions (skipping its STEP #2 since you've already done this).
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bulk KFC Extra Crispy Seasoning (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (7 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt