1/1 Photo of Bulk Hometown Buffet Fried Chicken Seasoning
The Spice Guru's Note:
My reverse-engineered recipe for Hometown Buffet's 'Hand Breaded Fried Chicken' chicken yields enough seasoning for 6 batches fried chicken (for the single recipe version, see Hometown Buffet Fried Chicken (Copycat)). Mix 5 level tablespoons of this blend with 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour plus 1/4 cup cornstarch, for frying 8-10 pieces chicken. See Hometown Buffet Fried Chicken (Copycat) for frying instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: DON'T OMIT ANY INGREDIENT, TO MAINTAIN THE PROPER RATIOS AND MEASURES OF THIS BULK MIX. (STEP ONE): MEASURE all ingredients into large resealable container such as a GLAD food storage container or a Ziploc freezer bag.
- 2BREAK up any clumps if present, by hand or using the back of a spoon.
- 3SEAL the container.
- 4SHAKE container to mix well.
- 5STORE container sealed and store in a cool dry place.
- 6WHEN ready to use, measure 5 level tablespoons of this mixture into a large resealable container.
- 7ADD 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup cornstarch.
- 8SEAL container and shake well.
- 9FOLLOW link to Hometown Buffet Fried Chicken (Copycat) for complete brining, preparation and frying instructions (skipping its STEPS #2 and #3 since you've already done this).
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bulk Hometown Buffet Fried Chicken Seasoning
Serving Size: 1 (3 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 15.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt