Recipe by The Spice Guru
My reverse-engineered recipe for Hometown Buffet's 'Hand Breaded Fried Chicken' chicken yields enough seasoning for 6 batches fried chicken (for the single recipe version, see Hometown Buffet Fried Chicken (Copycat)). Mix 5 level tablespoons of this blend with 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour plus 1/4 cup cornstarch, for frying 8-10 pieces chicken. See Hometown Buffet Fried Chicken (Copycat) for frying instructions.
- 3⁄4 cup Lawry's Seasoned Salt (use Lawry's brand only)
- 6 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: DON'T OMIT ANY INGREDIENT, TO MAINTAIN THE PROPER RATIOS AND MEASURES OF THIS BULK MIX. (STEP ONE): MEASURE all ingredients into large resealable container such as a GLAD food storage container or a Ziploc freezer bag.
- BREAK up any clumps if present, by hand or using the back of a spoon.
- SEAL the container.
- SHAKE container to mix well.
- STORE container sealed and store in a cool dry place.
- WHEN ready to use, measure 5 level tablespoons of this mixture into a large resealable container.
- ADD 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup cornstarch.
- SEAL container and shake well.
- FOLLOW link to Recipe #409958 for complete brining, preparation and frying instructions (skipping its STEPS #2 and #3 since you've already done this).