Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this on recipelink.com. I havn't tryed this. You be the judge. Sounded interesting. I am going to make 1 loaf before I mix the whole thing.
- 20 cups flour or 5 lbs flour
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup dry buttermilk or 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- Combine ingredients thoroughly and store in air tight container in cool place.
- Use within 6 to 8 months.
- To make 1 1/2 lb. loaf of Basic White Bread:.
- Put into your bread machine in order:.
- 1 cup warm water.
- 1 egg** beaten, room temperature.
- 2 T. butter or cooking oil.
- 3 1/2 cups bread mix, room temperature.
- 2 1/4 t. active dry yeast.
- Bake on white cycle.
- *Any combination of flours can be used, replacing up to half of the flour, (10 cups) with a whole grain flour. For EACH CUP of whole grain flour used, add 1 tablespoon of vital wheat gluten to the mix.
- **Substitute powdered egg for a fresh egg if you are going to be baking the bread on a timer.
- Mix may be used to make pizza dough, calzones, cinnamon rolls or dinner rolls. Remove dough at the end of first kneading cycle and finish by hand.
- Time is for mix only.
Best bread machine bread I have made. Love the fact the recipe is in bulk as well. Bread is soft and the crust is crispy crunchy but not chewy. Only change was using bread flour.
I made just one loaf to see if I liked it before making the whole recipe. I used King Arthur's white whole wheat flour. I also decreased water by about 3 tbls and added 3 tbls yogurt instead. It rose beautifully and has a great flavor. This recipe is a keeper. I will make it again. Thanks!