This recipe post came about by a mad search! I needed a basic cake mix and just couldn't find the one that I needed...just the dry ingredients...wet to be added in later. I did find a recipe here on Zaar that mentioned a site www.stretcher.com which is where I found this. BUT now I can't find that recipe posting anymore! So for my sanity I am posting this. This makes 25 1/2 cups of cake mix. "Don't overlook the other uses of baking mixes in your home, either. Mixes can be packaged and labeled attractively to be given as gifts. They can be taken along on the family camping trip to add convenience at the campsite, replacing costly prepackaged foods. Mixes are also easily prepared by children, making it simple for them to help in the kitchen. Mix away!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, blend all dry ingredients until well mixed.
- 2Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
- 4Mixture will keep two to three months.
- 5For yellow cake:
- 6Combine 5 cups Cake mix, 1 1/4 cups milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat well. Add 3 eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each additional egg. Pour into two greased and floured 8- or 9-inch pans. Bake 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 7To make white cake, simply use only the white of the eggs.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bulk Baking Mix
Serving Size: 1 (4848 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 852.9
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 459.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 74.6 g
- Protein 7.6 g