Bulgur With Walnuts and Figs
- In a large skillet or saute pan, combine the olive oil and onions; cook, stirring, over med-low heat until the onions are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Add in the bulgur; stir over med-low heat for about 10 minutes until it is toasted.
- Add in the garlic; cook/stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in the cumin; cook/stir for 1 minute or until warmed.
- While the bulgur is cooking, heat the broth to a boil in a pan; stir the boiling broth into the bulgur; add salt and figs; cover and cook over med-low about 20 minutes until the broth is absorbed and the bulgur is light and fluffy.
- Let stand off the heat, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
- Spoon into serving bowl and sprinkle with dill and toasted walnuts.