Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This comes from 125 Meatless Main Dishes. Posting for ZWT3. This can be made ahead of time, but should come to room temperature before serving. They recommend serving this with Monterey Jack cheese, peach or champagne mustard and cucumber slices.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup bulgur, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red pear tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 8 large butter lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring the water to a boil and stir in the bulgur. Cover and reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes. Let stand an additional 5 minutes before removing the lid.
- Turn into a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, core, seed and chop the tomatoes.
- Toast the pine nuts.
- Toss together with the bulgur, tomatoes, green onions, mint and parsley.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, then pour over the bulgur. Toss well to combine.
- To serve, mound the salad on lettuce leaves an garnish with the pine nuts.