Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, white and tender green parts chopped
- 1 lb swiss chard, stems cut into 1-inch pieces, leaves torn into large pieces
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (about 4 tsp.)
- 2 3⁄4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup bulgur
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add leeks and chard stems, and cook 4 minutes, or until softened, stirring often.
- Add mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and chard leaves.
- Cover, and cook 5 minutes, or until leaves are wilted, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth and bulgur. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and bulgur is tender. Remove pan from heat, and serve.
I would have given it a 2, but hubby gave it a 3. I would recommend more garlic. It's a little bland as is. It is nice and creamy, though.