Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I put this together one evening, and everybody loved it (unusual,considering the vast variety of tastes in our house!) I've made it many times since, sometimes varying the vegetables. Quick, simple, nutritious, dirties only one-pot, and always a success!
- 1 cake tofu, cubed
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups cracked bulgur wheat
- 1 (8 ounce) can green beans, with juice (or 1 lg sliced zucchini)
- oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cups hot water
- brown onion in oil in large frying pan.
- add small slices of tofu and soy sauce and fry lightly until colored.
- add bulgur and saute for a minute or so.
- add green beans and mix well.
- add boiled water and spice to taste
- cook covered until the water is absorbed.