Recipe by BurtonFanatic
Serving Size: approximately 1/2 cup cooked bulgur with 1/4 cup soy milk Serve this warm treat for breakfast instead of the traditional oatmeal. From the American Institute for Cancer Research.
- 1 medium unpeeled apple, minced
- 1⁄3 cup currants
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dried bulgur, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk, heated
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine apple, currants and cinnamon; set aside.
- In medium saucepan, prepare bulgur.
- Spoon bulgur evenly into 4 bowls.
- Pour warm soy milk evenly over bulgur; drizzle with maple syrup.
- Spoon apple mixture evenly on top; sprinkle with pecans.
- Serve immediately.