Bulgur Wheat Tabbouleh With Chickpeas
- Pour boiling water over the bulgur to cover, and let sit for 1 hour.
- Drain, and fluff with a fork.
- Combine the bulgur and the cooked chickpeas.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. A good ratio is 2:1 olive oil : lemon juice.
- Cut each tomato in half through the stem. Cut off the stem, and scoop out the seeds. Chop the flesh into 1/4 inch cubes. Dice the cucumber into 1/4 cubs.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber and the parsley to the bulgur. Stir to combine.
- Taste, and correct seasoning as necessary to taste.
- A nice addition is 1 oz of feta cheese, chopped very fine just before serving.