Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 medium cooking onion, chopped and sauteed
- 2 cups bulgur (add 4 cups of boiled water in a bowl and set aside)
- 3 freshly squeezed lemons
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup quartered red seedless grapes or 1 cup quartered green seedless grape
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients together and let it marinate for at least a half hour in the fridge then serve.
- When pomegranates are in season, I substitute the grape, makes for eye catching colour.
Very good as a side for falafel (Falafel With Tahini Sauce). We eat a lot of tabouli, and this fit the bill for a replacement for it. The grapes are a genius touch, I love the sweetness they add. I will probably increase the amount of tomatoes next time, or use some halved grape tomatoes, and may possibly increase the grapes as well.
I grew up with at least one bulgur dish per month. This was very yummy. I didn't use grapes, as they are very expensive at the moment but I will try it again with the grapes, when they are in season. For the Aussies looking for bulgur you may find it is spelt Bourghul its just cracked wheat. Thank you for the recipe :)
A lovely recipe any time of the year. Serve warm or cold. A great sidedish or maindish. Use your imagination to add some protein to the sald. Mmm...I think I could handle another helping!