Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wow is this good and so easy! You could easily add a can of drained and rinsed black beans to make a fabulous vegan meal. I left out the mint and loved it. The recipe says feel free to make this a day ahead of time, as it refrigerates well. Recipe originally from Cooking Light July 2009.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked Bulgar wheat
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups diced peeled peaches (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups diced peeled jicama
- 1 cup finely chopped of fresh mint (optional)
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds (to garnish)
- Combine boiling water and bulgur in a large bowl; let stand 45 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Combine juices and next 4 ingredients (through pepper), stirring well with a whisk.
- Add peach and jicama to bulgur; toss to combine. Also add mint or beans if you are using them.
- Drizzle dressing mixture over bulgur mixture; toss to coat. Chill 1 hour.
- Serve with a sprinkling of almonds and a sprig of mint.