Recipe by Juenessa
Very nice alternative to rice. If you're looking for a healthy alternative to dressing, this dish has the flavors of stuffing - without the fat.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
This has a good flavor, but it came out really wet. Not sure if bulgur is supposed to do that. I doubled the recipe and used 1/2 C bulgur and 2 C broth and simmered 25 minutes, but it was still liquidy, so I added some more bulgur and let it simmer for 15 more minutes. The broth was soaked up, but the bulgur was still very wet. I used zucchini instead of mushrooms and used dried minced onions. Doesn't need the salt and pepper if you have flavorful chicken broth. Will save and try to play with it a bit.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 dash salt
- 3 2⁄3 tablespoons bulgur
- 2⁄3 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, bring chicken broth and salt to boil; add bulgur.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until broth is absorbed and bulgur is tender.
- In small skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add vegetables and saute until onion is tender but not brown.
- Add garlic at the last minute or two.
- Stir in cooked bulgur.
- Salt and pepper to taste.