Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from the "Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook".
- 1 small green cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups dry bulgur
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Remove core from cabbage, place cabbage head in steamer and steam until all leaves are soft and separate easily.
- Saute parsley, onions, celery, seasoning, and garlic in olive oil until onions are soft.
- Add 2 15-ounce cans of tomato sauce, 4 cups water and bulgur.
- Cook about 1/2 hour over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bulgur is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- To stuff cabbage leaves, place a spoonful of mixture in center of each leaf.
- Starting at one side, roll leaf up and fold ends under.
- Place in a deep baking pan.
- Mix the 8-ounce can of tomato sauce with 1/2 cup water and pour over stuffed cabbage leaves so they remain moist during baking.
- Bake at 375°F for about 30 minutes until cabbage is hot.
Tried this a few days ago, and found that the taste was ok to me, but this recipe didn't go over well with my family. I'm glad I only made 1/2 a recipe.