Prep 46 mins
Cook 1 min
Sweet and savory ingredients meet up in a grain-rich salad.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Bring water to a boil in large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; add bulgur wheat,raisins,salt,cumin,cinnamon,saffron and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Fluff bulgur with fork; place in medium bowl.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until cool. Stir in oil until blended. Gently stir in parsley, pine nuts and basil.