Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and quick to make and goes anywhere.
- 1⁄2 cup bulgur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons scallions
- 3⁄4 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
- Combine bulgur with 1/2 tsp salt and boiling water. Cover and let stand 30 minutes or until bulgur is tender.
- In large bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice and 1 tbsp olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Add 2 tbsp minced scallion, 3/4 cup halved seedless grapes, 1/2 cup each toasted chopped walnuts and crumbled feta. add bulgur; toss.
I think this was the best thing I have ever eaten. Thanks for sharing Judith - this is a keeper for sure!!
What a quick meal! I made this as a side to some soup, and it worked out wonderfully. I think that the grapes make a big difference, as they cut the creaminess of the cheese. One thing that would be important, is to make sure that you drain a lot of the liquid out of the bulgur before adding it--otherwise it will get a little soupy. It's even better the morning after, since all of the flavors have had a chance to marry. Thanks Judith!