Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice luncheon dish, serve with slices of cooked, cold chicken, or fried chicken pieces.
- 1⁄2 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot halves, quartered (about 20)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup snipped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- lettuce, nice crisp romaine
- toasted pine nuts (optional)
- rinse and drain bulgur.
- In medium bowl combine bulgur, apricots, raisins, parsley, onion, orange juice, olive oil, oregano and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add tomato and yogurt.
- Toss to mix.
- Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Line 4 salad plates with romaine lettuce, Stir bulgar mixture, spoon over lettuce leaves.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with pine nuts.
Excellent salad! I have a bowl in the fridge all summer long. I really like that it uses only a little bit of oil. Many recipes use up to 1/3 cup. Yuck - way too oily! The yogurt is a great touch with raisins to balance off the tartness. I loved it. Marilyn Warren
This is a great summer dish - cool to make, and cool to eat. I've been eating it as breakfast, rather than as a side dish. As written, to my taste there is too much dried fruit. But it's simple enough to use less apricots and raisins, and add more tomato or some orange sections.