Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice luncheon dish, serve with slices of cooked, cold chicken, or fried chicken pieces.
Make and share this Bulgur Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot halves, quartered (about 20)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup snipped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- lettuce, nice crisp romaine
- toasted pine nuts (optional)
- rinse and drain bulgur.
- In medium bowl combine bulgur, apricots, raisins, parsley, onion, orange juice, olive oil, oregano and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add tomato and yogurt.
- Toss to mix.
- Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Line 4 salad plates with romaine lettuce, Stir bulgar mixture, spoon over lettuce leaves.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with pine nuts.