Recipe by Mirj
A delightful salad from North Africa. Oil-cured black olives can also be added to this salad just before serving, if you like.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Delicious! The one bunch spring onions came out to 5 for me, and that just enough. In the spirit of tabbouleh, I also nearly a cup of minced parsely which really went well with all the other flavours. Another great one, Mirj.
- 225 g bulgur wheat
- 300 ml boiling water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red pepper, grilled, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch plump spring onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 115 g feta cheese, crumbled
- lime wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl, add the boiling water and leave to soak for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally with a fork, until the water has been absorbed.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Pour oil mixture over the bulgur wheat, add the herbs and mix well.
- Then mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill until required.
- Serve garnished with lime wedges.