Bulgur, Pomegranate and Walnut Salad
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Toast the walnuts in a pie plate for about 8 minutes, or until golden and fragrant. Let cool slightly, then chop coarsely.
- Heat the sun-dried tomato oil in a large saucepan. Add the tomatoes and cook over moderately high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the bulgur and stir to coat with the oil. Add the chickpeas, Aleppo pepper and boiling water and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook without stirring for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand covered and undisturbed until cooled slightly, about 30 minutes.
- Using 2 forks, fluff the bulgur. Add the grape tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, dill, mint and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a platter. Drizzle the diluted pomegranate molasses over the salad and scatter the walnuts on top. Serve warm.