Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Food & Wine.
Make and share this Bulgur, Pomegranate and Walnut Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup walnut halves (2 1/2 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped, plus
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato olive oil, from the jar
- 1 cup medium bulgur (6 ounces)
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon aleppo chili pepper flakes or 1⁄2 teaspoon pure dried ancho chile powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 lb grape tomatoes, halved (1 1/2 pints)
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses, dissolved in 2 teaspoons cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Toast the walnuts in a pie plate for about 8 minutes, or until golden and fragrant. Let cool slightly, then chop coarsely.
- Heat the sun-dried tomato oil in a large saucepan. Add the tomatoes and cook over moderately high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the bulgur and stir to coat with the oil. Add the chickpeas, Aleppo pepper and boiling water and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook without stirring for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand covered and undisturbed until cooled slightly, about 30 minutes.
- Using 2 forks, fluff the bulgur. Add the grape tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, dill, mint and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a platter. Drizzle the diluted pomegranate molasses over the salad and scatter the walnuts on top. Serve warm.