Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Cooking Light-haven't tried yet, just posting for safekeeping. Since I detest mushrooms of all kinds, I'd probably substitute red peppers for them.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup coarse bulgur
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup shiitake mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium skillet over med-high heat.
- Add bulgur, onions, mushrooms, and salt; saute 5 minute
- Stir in broth, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minute Remove from heat, and let stand, covered 5 minute Stir in parsley and pine nuts.