- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup uncooked Bulgar wheat
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap pea, cut into 3/4 ' pieces
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup finely chooped green onion (about 5 medium)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 quart saucepan heat broth, water and thyme to boiling. Stir in bulgur. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bulgur is tender and water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile in an 8 inch skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add peas, peppers and onion. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until tender.
- Stir snap pea mixture into cooked bulgur.