Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
From a CSA newsletter. Posted on the MyFoodDiary.com forums. I haven't made this yet. Because the bulgur isn't cooked, it needs to sit overnight in the dressing to soften, so begin preparations a day ahead. I'm guessing on the number of servings and perparation times.
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bulgur (Also called cracked wheat)
- 6 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, chopped (about 4 pounds)
- 4 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cups green onions, chopped
- 3 cups red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic and salt in very large bowl to blend. Season dressing to taste with pepper. Mix in bulgur.
- Mix remaining ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon atop bulgur (do not mix).
- Cover and chill overnight or up to 2 days.
- Toss salad. Transfer to serving bowl.
Yay! At last I've found a recipe for the amazing salad my French lodger used to make! He added various other vegetables, but the principle is the same.