Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rich in fiber and very healthy...fills your stomach so well. Must have for the ones suffering from chronic constipation.
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat (soaked in water for 15-20 minutes)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, cooked according to directions and cooled
- 1 small red bell peppers or 1 small green bell pepper, sliced very thinly
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- In a medium sauce pan, bring 2 cups of water to boil and add wheat with one teaspoon of salt.
- Microwave for 10 minutes or cook until just tender,8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water, pressing to remove excess moisture.
- Transfer wheat to a salad bowl and add lima beans, red pepper, ¼ tsp salt, and garlic.
- In a small bowl whisk tomato juice, lime juice, olive oil,cilantro, cumin, oregano, and Tabasco.
- Pour over the salad and stir to combine.
- Let it stand for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve lukewarm or cold as per your preference.