Recipe by lea_petra
I had some cooked beans, so I thought I would try my hand at making burgers. Unfortunately, the cupboard was bare. This was a "What the heck do I have to make supper with?" dish. So some creative thinking was involved. Next time onions and perhaps spinach would help with the flavor. Any Beans will work. These come out moist, not like a meat burgers. I cook very low sodium because of health issues. But if you want to add salt you could. Preparation time, does not included the cooking of the beans
- 4 cups black beans, cooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup bulgur
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the water. Pour in a bowl and add the bulgur. Cover and sit for 20 minutes.
- Mash the beans (or puree).
- Put all the ingredients, except tahini, in a bowl and mix well. An electric mixer will be the best.
- Add the tahini slowly, mixing at low speed.
- Take about 1/2 cup of mixture, form into patties.
- Bake, fry, or grill to serve right away.
- The best combination is to bake for about 15 minutes at 350, then fry in very little oil for 2 minutes on each side.
- To freeze, place on a plastic wrapped lined pan. Freeze until firm. Then place in containers.