Recipe by dicentra
This was really good! It is a nice balance of sweet and vinegar. You might try replacing lentils for the bulgur for something different. Make sure your peppers and tomatoes are ripe so that they are sweet. This is best at room temperature after flavors have had time to “mingle.” Serve with a green vegetable and white wine.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup bulgur
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar (be conservative)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (be generous)
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the stock to a boil. Add the bulgur and garlic.
- Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand 20 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and place in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and peppers. Toss to combine.
- In a cup whisk together the vinegar, oil, thyme and chives. Pour over bulgur and toss to combine.