1 hr 20 mins
I found this in a book from the American Heart Assoc. Haven't prepared it yet, but I plan to as it sounds good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, soak bulgur in cold water for 15 to 30 minutes, or until soft. Set aside.
- 2meanwhile, heat a heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and saute for 4 to 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain fat from pan.
- 3Add onions to skillet and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Drain bulgur and add to meat mixture with cilantro, dill weed, salt, pepper, chipped tomatoes, vegetable juice and lemon juice. Stir gently.
- 5Place mixture in a 10 x 10 x 2 inch baking dish or oven proof casserole dish.
- 6Bake at 350 uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bulgur and Ground Beef Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 172.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 19.2 g