1/2 Photos of Bulgur and Chickpeas With Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
This dish is loaded with texture and flavor. Wrap it in a whole-grain pita for lunch, take it on a picnic, or serve it as a side dish at dinner. If using canned chickpeas, be sure to rinse and drain thoroughly to remove salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup coarse-grind Bulgar wheat
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in water to rehydrate, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted nicoise olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (Italian)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (fresh coriander)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
PRESERVED LEMON VINEGRETTE
- 1In a small saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a boil.
- 2Place the bulgur in a large, heat-proof bowl and pour in the boiling stock. Cover and let stand until the bulgur is tender and the liquid is completely absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- 3Add the chickpeas, onion, tomatoes, olives, parsley, cilantro, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- 4PRESERVED LEMON VINEGRETTE:.
- 5In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic, preserved lemon, cumin, paprika and ground coriander. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified.
- 6Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently to mix and coat evenly. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bulgur and Chickpeas With Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.2
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 599.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: