Recipe by KookieMomster
This marinade originated in Korea. It is sweet and salty. Very satisfying and even people who won't eat take out will eat it if you call it something like 'hot jerky' or what ever.
Top Review by Tim Hill
I tried this for a dinner party and it was the most popular item on the menu. It had a very good flavor and was simple to prepare and cook. I would highly recommend it as everyone at the party commented on it (and every last piece was gone!).
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup sesame oil
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider or rice wine is best)
- 2 lbs beef, cut into strips (think beef jerky) or 2 lbs pork
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- minced scallion
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)