Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Recipe and photo adapted from Korean Bapsang
- scallion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine (or mirin)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons grated Asian pears (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup anchovies, broth* (or simply use water) or 1⁄2-1 cup beef broth (or simply use water)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- If using packaged pre-sliced meat, separate the slices.
- Add the meat, onion, and scallions to the marinade.
- Toss gently, with hands, to mix everything well.
- Marinate for 30 minutes to an hour in the fridge.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the meat along with any remaining marinade. (Do this in two batches as to avoid crowding the skillet.).
- Cook the meat for about a minute. Then, add the optional vegetables and a desired amount of the extra sauce.
- Stir-fry for an additional 2 – 3 minutes until the meat and vegetables are cooked. Serve over rice.