Prep 2 hrs
Cook 2 mins
I got this recipe form an old Korean woman that liked our family. Out of all her recipies this was my family's favorite.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs beef (thinly sliced, less than 1/8-inch)
- 1 medium onion
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 kiwi fruit, minced (optional)
- Slice onion.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put beef, onion and mix well.
- Let stand 1-2 hours in refrigerator to marinate.
- Adjust sweetness and saltiness with more or less sugar and soy sauce.
- The best taste is achieved when it is grilled on a charcoal.
- You can also cook it on frying pan or broiler.
All I have to say is Mmmmmmmm..... tastes just like my aunts!
I have been looking for a Bulgogi recipe for years. I had one when I cam back from Korea, but the notebook with all my Korean resipes got lost somewhere along the way. This sounds exaactly like the recipe I used, except that the beef called for in mine was skirt steak, and we used no kiwi. Thanks.