Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Tastes for All Seasons byh Crye-Leike. Serve over steamed rice. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 lb beef, thinly sliced (ask your butcher to slice the beef "bacon thin", or if you must, slice it 1/8-inch thick)
- 3 cups steamed rice (optional)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons wine or 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix the 9 seasonings. Put the sliced beef and mix together thoroughly; marinate 1 to 2 hours.
- Grill or broil until beef is cooked to your liking (will cook FAST - is very thin).
This was really good! Nice flavors, easy prep. DH would add chopped chilies next time (but he would add chilies to everything, given the chance). I thought it was great as written. Served with Recipe#343559 and a green salad. Made for Unrated Asian recipe Tag.
I used 1/2 lb sirloin and partially froze it to make slicing easier. I made the full marinade recipe. Grilled up fast on my George Foreman grill. Very tender and tasty. I skipped the rice and served with Recipe #340851 and Recipe #359058. This is a great combination. Made for Unrated Asian recipe Tag Game.