From Tastes for All Seasons byh Crye-Leike. Serve over steamed rice. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 lb beef, thinly sliced (ask your butcher to slice the beef "bacon thin", or if you must, slice it 1/8-inch thick)
- 3 cups steamed rice (optional)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons wine or 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix the 9 seasonings. Put the sliced beef and mix together thoroughly; marinate 1 to 2 hours.
- Grill or broil until beef is cooked to your liking (will cook FAST - is very thin).