Recipe by SweetsLady
I got this recipe from a dear friend of mine. It is awesome! We usually serve it with rice.
Top Review by jrusk
This was delicious! I love the sweet-spicy thing going on. I used 1.30lbs beef but followed this recipe exactly with the intent of having sauce. I added some chili sauce to the marinade, subbed splenda and splenda brown sugar. I marinated beef and green beans together for 3.5 hours and added sliced onions while cooking. I think the pepper makes this. Can't wait to make this again especially when I have more veggies on hand. Served with sesame noodles. Thanks!
- 2 -3 lbs beef, thinly sliced (chuck roast or blade)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 small onion, chopped
- assorted fresh vegetable, carrots, green onions, mushrooms, snow peas, etc
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except beef and vegetables.
- Set aside.
- Add beef to sauce and mix well until meat is saturated w/sauce.
- Slice veggies into small pieces and mix with beef. (Add mushrooms only at cooking time.).
- Let marinate for 30 minutes at the least.
- Cook as a stir-fry on the stove until desired doneness.