A wonderfully marinated Korean beef dish. Kimchi, white sticky rice, whole cabbage leaves and assorted pickled vegetables make a wonderful accompaniment. Optionally, add an assortment of vegetables to beef marinade.
- Mix beef& sugar, let rest 2 minutes, then add remaining ingredients.
- Toss well and let stand 1 hr at room temp or overnight in the refrigerator to allow the meat to mature- better the longer it marinates!
- Preheat a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- Add beef, a few slices at a time, and sear without oil for 2-3 minutes at most.
- Or, grill beef in very hot gas or electric broiler.
- Serve immediately with white sticky rice and an assortment of side dishes.