A wonderfully marinated Korean beef dish. Kimchi, white sticky rice, whole cabbage leaves and assorted pickled vegetables make a wonderful accompaniment. Optionally, add an assortment of vegetables to beef marinade.
- Mix beef& sugar, let rest 2 minutes, then add remaining ingredients.
- Toss well and let stand 1 hr at room temp or overnight in the refrigerator to allow the meat to mature- better the longer it marinates!
- Preheat a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- Add beef, a few slices at a time, and sear without oil for 2-3 minutes at most.
- Or, grill beef in very hot gas or electric broiler.
- Serve immediately with white sticky rice and an assortment of side dishes.
Bulgogi is very easy to make, it is tender and has a good flavor. You must definitely sever this with sticky rice as s'kat says. And while I LOVE Kimchi, those of you that don't know what these is best try a taste of it before you buy a entire jar! We buy Kimchi by the gallon, truly.
This is very tender and flavorful.
Ironically I submitted my family's version of this dish before I looked around. lol This is a much classier sounding version. We just used whatever cut of beef was cheep and easy to slice. I will have to try this one out. And as far as kimchee, the fain of tast-bud may prefer a lightly seasoned cabage salad. yum