1/2 Photos of Bulgogi "fire Meat" With Leafy Green Vegetables and Sw
1 hr 5 mins
Bulgogi is a Korean dish that usually consists of marinated barbecued beef, made from thin slices of sirloin or other prime cuts of beef (chicken or pork may also be used). The meat is marinated with a mixture of soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic and other ingredients such as scallions, or mushrooms, especially white button mushrooms or shiitake. Sometimes, cellophane noodles are added to the dish, which varies by region and specific recipe. Before cooking, the meat is marinated to enhance its flavor and tenderness. I found this recipe on Nathan Lyon's website on Discovery Health. NOTE: PREP time inlcudes 1-hour marinating time. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks or 1 1/2 lbs sirloin, cut very thin against the grain
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced on an angle (scallions, bias)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 small serrano chili, seeded, chopped (optional)
LEAFY GREEN VEGETABLE INGREDIENTS
- 1 large lettuce leaf
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup thinly sliced mixed mushrooms
- bean sprouts
SWEET CHILI SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha chili sauce (see note)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- sriracha is an oriental hot sauce made from sun ripened chilies which are ground into a smooth paste garlic
- 1In a large bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients together. Add the sliced meat, then transfer into a resealable plastic bag, place on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator, and marinate for at least an hour, or up to 4 hours.
- 2Over medium high heat, using a wok, grill, or large sauté pan, cook the meat until medium rare.
- 3While the meat is cooking, combine all of the Sweet Chili Sauce ingredients and pour into a side bowl until service.
- 4Once the meat is properly cooked, transfer to a warm plate and serve with the vegetables and Sweet Chili Sauce.
- 5Or add to the middle of a lettuce leaf, the meat, a drizzle of sauce and any or all of the sides.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bulgogi "fire Meat" With Leafy Green Vegetables and Sw
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.4
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 736.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 38.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: