Prep 4 mins
Cook 15 mins
Bulgogi is a Korean Beef dish that is delicious and easy to make. This recipe comes from a friend's mom, who is Korean. I can never seem to make it quite as good as hers, but its still delicious. In the original recipe, she cooked the beef in a skillet, I prefer using the broiler though.
- 3 lbs beef round roast, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, pepper, garlic and sesame seeds.
- Marinate slices of beef for at least 4 hours in mixture.
- Place on broiling pan and cook until brown throughout.
- Serve with rice and lettuce leaves for wrapping.
I would suggest that you also add a bunch of scallions chopped up, and some fresh ginger, grated. That will definitely boost the flavor profile. In fact, it's rare to see a recipe for bulgogi that does not contain scallions and ginger.
Such a great recipe! I substituted with brown sugar and sesame oil and used venison. It was great on the grill (I marinated it for 3 days) Thank you so much for sharing this. We will make this a lot!
This is just great! Very fresh and authentic taste. I cooked mine quickly in the skillet and served wrapped in lettuce leaves with brown rice. This is a recipe I will used again - thanks for posting it! Made for Fall PAC 2008