Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
American version of a Korean favorite.
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks
- 4 scallions
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Slice the steak very thin by the base. You can also ask the butcher to cut it "teriaki-style.".
- Score each piece with an "x.".
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium to large sized bowl to make marinade.
- Add meat to marinade and mix until all sides are coated. Marinate for 2-3 hours before cooking.
- Remove meat with a slotted spoon and brown in a large frying pan or wok.
- Pour in remaining marinade and bring it to a simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve over sticky white rice.