Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my Grandma Korean BBQ Recipe. She brought it over from Seoul, Korea when she arrived in Hawaii to marry my Korean grandfather as a picture bride in the early 1900's. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil, toasted
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 -3 lbs beef, thinly sliced
- Prepare marinade.
- Marinate thinly sliced beef in marinade for 2 hours.
- Grill meat on barbeque grill or broil in oven until meat is cooked medium well done.
This was good. It did not have the sweetness we associate with Bulgogi so I am only giving the recipe 4 stars. Going to keep looking for the perfect recipe.. this was not it for us.
This is the same recipe my mother uses and she is also from Seoul Korea. I make this for my husband and he loves it :) This is a comfort food for me that reminds me of the good times in my childhood.