Recipe by Karen W.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Everyone loves bacon and potatoes. Combine these delicious ingredients with fun chicken nuggets and cheese. Not only will children love this dish, it will be the talk of any party. A quick meal to make with your children, or serve at your event.
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 12 slices bacon
- 16 ounces frozen chicken nuggets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in skillet until bacon is golden brown (about 3-5 mins.).
- Once bacon is cooked, drain bacon oil and set aside. Let bacon cool for 5 minutes and then chop bacon into small pieces, leaving 3 whole pieces of bacon for decorations.
- Preheat oven to 325, light grease pan and cook 16 ounces of chicken nuggets for (8-10 mins.) Cook chicken nuggets until golden brown.
- Cook- 24 ounce bag of Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes as directed on bag (about 6-8 mins.).
- Once mash potatoes are cooked, stir in the bacon bits, and add 5 teaspoon of bacon oil in the mash potatoes for seasoning.
- Add the cooked chicken nuggets on top of the bacon mash potatoes, and garnish with 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and remaining bacon slices. Cut bacon pieces in half for garnish. Everyone will love this fun, delicious quick meal.