1/4 Photos of Bulgarian Wine Kebab
Nadia Melkowits's Note:
This is an old Bulgarian Recipe for a very tender meat slowly cooked in wine sauce. It takes no time to fix and it taste like you cooked it a whole day. You could use either white or red wine and see what suits your taste. I also prefer to use more than 1 onion, but you can use as little as half. You are going to need one pot with a lid.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On medium heat up the oil in a pot and browned the pork.
- 2To that add the onions and the salt and reduce the heat to low and cook for about 10 minute add the cayenne pepper and stir to coat.
- 3Add the tomato paste mixed with the water. Add the black pepper and the bay leave.Cover and continue cooking for additional 15 minute.
- 4Last add the flour mixed with the wine,cover and continue to cook for another 10 minute.
- 5When done,sprinkle with parsley and serve with mashed potatoes.
- 6P.S. Don't forget to pull out the Bay Leaf before serving. :).
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bulgarian Wine Kebab
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.9
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 165.0 mg
- Sodium 147.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 52.3 g