This is a recipe I have not tried yet but I found it in an old book about traditional Bulgarian cooking and it sounded great. I decided to share it so here it is. If you happen to try it, please share how it came out and what kind of cheese you used. By the way, I'm guessing at preparation and cooking times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Hollow the tomatoes (reserve the pulp) and salt lightly.
- 2Boil the rice and let it cool.
- 3Add the grated cheese, chopped parsley, finely cubed sausage, paprika, salt, and black pepper, to taste, to the rice.
- 4Stuff the tomatoes with the rice mixture.
- 5Arrange tomatoes in a greased oven dish over the grated tomato pulp.
- 6Pour the oil over the tomatoes (I would skip that part though).
- 7Bake in a medium hot oven.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bulgarian Tomatoes Stuffed With Rice and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.2
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 714.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 17.8 g