Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
Adapted from Pan American's Complete Around the World Cookbook. Prep time includes overnight soaking of beans.
- Soak beans overnight in cold water.
- Add fresh water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, or until tender.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add onions and saute 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add beans, paprika, salt, thyme and vinegar.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot or cold.