Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
I have not tried this one yet, but it is in the list here soon. I am ALWAYS looking for a new way to fix potatoes (my DH and DSS don't eat rice). This looks like it might be a nice change of pace.
Top Review by Geekgoddess24
I was a little nervous when I saw that cottage cheese was an ingredient but I have to say, the potatoes were delicious. The cheese mixture gave the potatoes a great flavor, and because I used a food processor for the sliced potatoes, this was a breeze.
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese (1 lb.)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly, 1 stick
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs potatoes, 6 medium
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375º. Butter 9-inch baking dish.
- Puree cottage cheese in food processor until as smooth as possible, about 1 minute
- Add butter, 1 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoons pepper and blend until combined well.
- Peel potatoes and thinly slice (1/4-1/8"), a slicer would be perfect for this.
- Spread 1/3 of the potatoes evenly in 1 layer in dish and top with 1/3 (1 scant cup) cottage cheese mixture. Mixture will NOT cover potatoes completely.
- Continue layering potatoes and cottage cheese mixture, ending with cottage cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake until potatoes are tender, 1-1 1/4 hours.
- When potatoes are tender, whisk together eggs, yogurt, remaining salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over potatoes and bake, uncovered, until custard is set, about 20 minutes.